Presentations to and Sponsorships of Professional and Community Organizations
Kastner Westman & Wilkins, LLC
KWW attorneys regularly speak to professional and community organizations on a variety of DE&I-related topics as well as labor, employment and HR topics on a pro bono basis.
Examples of such work include:
- In November 2022, John McKenzie presented at a client employee retreat on the topics of DE&I and Unconscious Bias.
- In November 2022, as part of KWW’s ongoing support of Leadership Akron’s Diversity on Board program, KWW attorneys Jim Wilkins and Amanda Smith delivered a presentation to Diversity on Board Class 7 on the topic of legal and ethical obligations associated with service on non-profit and public boards. Leadership on Board provides leadership development, education and board matching services to advance racial/ethnic minority representation on such boards in the Greater Akron area.
- In September 2022, Tom Green presented Compliance and Employee Relations Tips for Small Businesses at Master Classes for Small Business Owners. The workshop series was part of the Entrepreneur-in Residence initiative created by Huntington National Bank and the City of Cleveland to provide business coaching and skills training to local entrepreneurs, with a focus on minorities and women.
- In September 2022, Amanda Smith presented “Beyond Compliance: How to Strengthen and Protect Your Organization by Being Proactive and Intentional About DE&I” at the Ohio SHRM State Council annual HR conference.
- In March 2021, Michael Karst presented “Preparing for the Next HR Challenge: The Covid-19 Vaccine” for the HR Leadership Group of Northeast Ohio.
- In March 2021, Amanda Smith presented “I Am Not Your Superwoman: Debunking Women Having to Take Care of Everything” in the 2021 Northern Ohio Women In Leadership Symposium for the Ohio Diversity Council.
- In February 2021, Meg Matejkovic co-facilitated a continuing legal education session entitled “Implicit Bias: Define It, Recognize It, Combat It!” for the Akron Bar Association.
- In November 2020, Amanda Smith participated in “’Biased’ An In-Home Brown Bag Lunch Book Discussion” for the Akron Bar Association”.