Presentations to and Sponsorships of Professional and Community Organizations
Kastner Westman & Wilkins, LLC
KWW attorneys regularly speak to professional and community organizations on a variety of DE&I-related topics as well as labor, employment and HR topics on a pro bono basis.
Examples of such work include:
- In March 2021, Michael Karst presented “Preparing for the Next HR Challenge: The Covid-19 Vaccine” for the HR Leadership Group of Northeast Ohio.
- In March 2021, Amanda Smith presented “I Am Not Your Superwoman: Debunking Women Having to Take Care of Everything” in the 2021 Northern Ohio Women In Leadership Symposium for the Ohio Diversity Council.
- In February 2021, Meg Matejkovic co-facilitated a continuing legal education session entitled “Implicit Bias: Define It, Recognize It, Combat It!” for the Akron Bar Association.
- In November 2020, Amanda Smith participated in “‘Biased’ An In-Home Brown Bag Lunch Book Discussion” for the Akron Bar Association.
- KWW’s regular support of Leadership Akron’s Diversity on Board program, including in December 2020, KWW attorneys Jim Wilkins and Meg Matejkovic delivered presentations to Diversity on Board attendees on the topic of legal duties of community board members related to ethics and compliance.