We counsel employers on a full range of employee benefit and tax matters, including advice on the design, adoption, compliance, and fiduciary issues involved with qualified and non-qualified retirement, pension and executive incentive programs.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Compliance
The Health Reform Act presents significant options and challenges to employers. We are well positioned to assist all types of employers in implementing a compliance strategy that creates value for the employer and employees, particularly in light of all the new excise taxes.
Welfare Benefit Plans
We provide counsel on a variety of fully insured and self-funded welfare benefit plans, including cafeteria and flexible benefit plans.
ERISA Retirement Plans
We are experienced in dealing with government agencies such as the IRS, the Department of Labor and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation to assist clients in preparing for and defending audits and compliance investigations from these government agencies.
ERISA-related litigation has been on the rise. Successful handling of such cases requires both an in-depth knowledge of ERISA and related tax laws and experience in litigating benefit claims with their unique procedural issues. Our attorneys have extensive experience in a wide array of ERISA-related litigation, including:
- Fiduciary Duty Claims of All Types
- 401(k) Litigation
- Benefit Claim Denials Litigation
- Retiree Rights Cases
- Interference and Whistleblowing Claims Arising under Section 510 of ERISA
- Cash Balance Plan Litigation
- Subrogation Litigation
- COBRA Claims
- Withdrawal Liability Claims
- ERISA Preemption Cases
- Claims Arising under Multiemployer Plans, including Contribution Delinquency Claims
- Benefits Issues Arising in the Context of Corporate Acquisitions, Bankruptcies and Reorganizations