On September 10, the Biden administration announced a new six-prong strategy as part of its ongoing effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Headlining this plan is the President’s directive to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) to issue emergency...
Kastner Westman & Wilkins, LLC attorneys James P. Wilkins and John W. McKenzie were selected for the Best Lawyers® in America 2022 edition. Wilkins, a Shareholder, is a four-time honoree in the Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management and Litigation-Labor...
Earlier this month, President Joe Biden issued a wide-ranging Executive Order, titled “Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy.” The Executive Order directed various federal agencies to implement 72 different initiatives intended to increase...
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently issued new emergency regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19. The latest updates include a mix of mandatory requirements and other recommended best practices. Here is a brief explanation of the...
Kastner Westman & Wilkins attorney Amanda Smith has been appointed as Chairperson for the Labor and Employment Section of the Akron Bar Association. “I’m honored that the other members of the Labor and Employment Section have chosen me for this position and look...
Akron labor and employment law firm Kastner Westman & Wilkins has selected two talented law clerks to join them for the summer to work alongside KWW professionals and aid their clients in rebounding from what has been an extremely challenging year for employers....
On Monday, the Ohio Department of Health issued an amended COVID-19 public health order that lifted the State’s mask and social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated individuals. The amended order was issued on May 17, 2021, but is retroactive to May 14, 2021. ...
Beginning this week, Ohio will bring its employment discrimination laws more in line with federal law and the laws of other states. Here is what employers need to know about the changes. Earlier this year, Governor Mike DeWine signed the Employment Law Uniformity Act,...
After only a few months of reprieve from the last wave of pandemic-related legislation, employers must again adapt to new federal laws affecting their workplace. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – Congress’s latest $1.9 trillion effort to curb the effects of...
On his first day in office, President Biden asked federal agencies to freeze all proposed and pending rules and regulations issued under the Trump administration. The regulatory freeze will allow the President’s new agency appointees to review and revise any pending...
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Attorney General
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Department of Commerce (wage & hour enforcement)
- Department of Job & Family Services
- Industrial Commission
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Personnel Board of Review
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission
Federal Statutes and Regulations
Ohio Statutes and Regulations
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- All Ohio District Courts of Appeal
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- Lake County Court of Common Pleas
- Lorain County Court of Common Pleas
- Medina County Court of Common Pleas
- Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Summit County Court of Common Pleas
- Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas
- Tuscarawas County Court of Common Pleas