On November 12, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld its decision to impose a nationwide stay of the Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As we previously covered, the ETS requires employers with...
Three former Kastner Westman & Wilkins law clerks have passed the Ohio Bar Examination and are now associate attorneys at the boutique labor and employment law firm representing management exclusively. Sean A. McKinley, Alissa F. Oduro and Michael R. Tontillo, who...
Back in September, President Biden announced the impending arrival of two emergency regulations that would impose new COVID-19 vaccination requirements on more than 100 million private sector workers. Today, the White House announced December 5, 2021 and January 4,...
Thank you to all of the attendees who joined Thomas E. Green and Michael P. Karst on Thursday, October 14 for our Rise & Learn Workplace Workshop regarding Professionalism in the Workplace: Update on Harassment, Bullying and Social Media Conduct. In case you'd...
Earlier this month, President Biden issued a new Executive Order that, among other things, required federal contractors and subcontractors to begin ensuring that their employees are fully vaccinated. Details were initially fuzzy, but the administration’s COVID-19...
On September 10, the Biden administration announced a new six-prong strategy as part of its ongoing effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Headlining this plan is the President’s directive to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) to issue emergency...
Kastner Westman & Wilkins, LLC attorneys James P. Wilkins and John W. McKenzie were selected for the Best Lawyers® in America 2022 edition. Wilkins, a Shareholder, is a four-time honoree in the Employment Law-Management, Labor Law-Management and Litigation-Labor...
Earlier this month, President Joe Biden issued a wide-ranging Executive Order, titled “Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy.” The Executive Order directed various federal agencies to implement 72 different initiatives intended to increase...
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently issued new emergency regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19. The latest updates include a mix of mandatory requirements and other recommended best practices. Here is a brief explanation of the...
Kastner Westman & Wilkins attorney Amanda Smith has been appointed as Chairperson for the Labor and Employment Section of the Akron Bar Association. “I’m honored that the other members of the Labor and Employment Section have chosen me for this position and look...
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Attorney General
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Department of Commerce (wage & hour enforcement)
- Department of Job & Family Services
- Industrial Commission
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Personnel Board of Review
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission
Federal Statutes and Regulations
Ohio Statutes and Regulations
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- All Ohio District Courts of Appeal
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- Lake County Court of Common Pleas
- Lorain County Court of Common Pleas
- Medina County Court of Common Pleas
- Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Summit County Court of Common Pleas
- Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas
- Tuscarawas County Court of Common Pleas