After much delay, Ohio’s Department of Job and Family Services has officially begun implementing the CARES Act’s unemployment provisions. As of Friday, Ohioans are now free to register for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and will also begin receiving Pandemic...
Late yesterday, Congress passed its fourth major piece of coronavirus relief legislation, with the House unanimously approving the Senate’s version of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Health Care Enhancement Act. President Trump has indicated he will promptly...
On April 1, 2020, the National Labor Relations Board finalized a rule that will significantly impact how it handles future representation elections. The rule makes three amendments to the Board’s election bar policies. The final rule amends the Board’s blocking-charge...
On Wednesday, the Department of Labor published regulations to implement the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). The 124-page document offers the Department’s latest, most thorough, and most formal guidance regarding the FFCRA. Requirements of the FFCRA...
It was recently reported and confirmed by the BWC Administrator, Stephanie McCloud, that eighteen new workers’ compensation claims have been filed alleging workplace exposures to COVID-19. While local, state and federal governments are making emergency provisions and...
Friday afternoon, the House approved the Senate’s version of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (or “CARES Act”) by unanimous voice vote. This massive 880 page, $2 trillion piece of legislation aims to provide relief for those workers and...
On March 24, 2020, the Department of Labor published its first round of guidance regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The new guidance, released in the form of two fact sheets and a question and answer document, provides some clarity to questions...
By the K|W|W Team Late yesterday, the Senate followed the House’s lead by overwhelmingly passing the Families First Coronavirus Response Act by a vote of 90-8. President Trump quickly signed the bill into law Wednesday evening. The Act will now take effect in fifteen...
To Our Valued Clients, Like you, the professionals at K|W|W have been dealing with COVID-19 related issues virtually non-stop for the last ten days. These are challenging times. We want you to know that we are going to be here for you. More than ever, we stand by our...
The National Labor Relations Board certainly ended 2019 with a bang. Over the course of several weeks in December, the Board issued a handful of decisions reverting back to pre-Obama-era precedent. The Board also made several significant changes to its election rules....
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Attorney General
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Department of Commerce (wage & hour enforcement)
- Department of Job & Family Services
- Industrial Commission
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Personnel Board of Review
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission
Federal Statutes and Regulations
Ohio Statutes and Regulations
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- All Ohio District Courts of Appeal
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- Lake County Court of Common Pleas
- Lorain County Court of Common Pleas
- Medina County Court of Common Pleas
- Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Summit County Court of Common Pleas
- Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas
- Tuscarawas County Court of Common Pleas