Olivia M. Hochschwender
Olivia joined the firm in 2017 after spending more than two years with the Cleveland regional office of the National Labor Relations Board as a field attorney and Equal Employment Opportunity counselor. She gravitated to labor and employment law in law school and participated in clerkships for the NLRB and First Energy.
Olivia brings a unique perspective to KWW, where she can leverage her NLRB investigation experience to help KWW’s clients better understand what government agencies are looking for when responding to charges and complaints. Olivia’s practice with KWW includes all aspects of labor and employment law, including litigation, workplace trainings and investigations, representation of employers before a vast array of federal and state administrative agencies, and advising employers on day-to-day employment decisions.
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
Olivia was born, raised and still resides in West Akron, Ohio, now with her spouse, son and Italian water dog, Bogie. When not in the office or on the golf course, she enjoys giving back to the community through her service on the Board of The First Tee of Akron and volunteering with Bogie at Akron Children’s Hospital as part of the Doggie Brigade.
Publications and Presentations
- Can I Fire This Employee?, KWW Annual Client Seminar, November 2017
- Effective Documentation and Employment Audits (Including Auditing of the Supervisor), Rise & Learn October 2018
- Effective Handling of Employee Grievances, Rise & Learn October 2019
- Workplace Harassment in the Post #MeToo Era: A Practical Approach to Prevention, Rise & Learn, December 2019
- Beyond the Basics: Thorny ADA and FMLA Issues, Rise & Learn, January 2019
Civic/Charitable Activities and Associations
- The First Tee of Greater Akron Board of Directors, Secretary
- The Northern Ohio Golf Association Board of Directors
- The University of Akron Leadership and Human Resources Management Advisory Board
- Trinity University, B.A., 2010
- The University of Akron School of Law, The University of Akron, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Professional Activities and Recognition
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Akron Bar Association