Akron labor and employment law firm Kastner Westman & Wilkins has selected two talented law clerks to join them for the summer to work alongside KWW professionals and aid their clients in rebounding from what has been an extremely challenging year for employers....
On Monday, the Ohio Department of Health issued an amended COVID-19 public health order that lifted the State’s mask and social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated individuals. The amended order was issued on May 17, 2021, but is retroactive to May 14, 2021. ...
Beginning this week, Ohio will bring its employment discrimination laws more in line with federal law and the laws of other states. Here is what employers need to know about the changes. Earlier this year, Governor Mike DeWine signed the Employment Law Uniformity Act,...
After only a few months of reprieve from the last wave of pandemic-related legislation, employers must again adapt to new federal laws affecting their workplace. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – Congress’s latest $1.9 trillion effort to curb the effects of...
On his first day in office, President Biden asked federal agencies to freeze all proposed and pending rules and regulations issued under the Trump administration. The regulatory freeze will allow the President’s new agency appointees to review and revise any pending...
From Six Years to Six Months: How Organizations Can Limit the Time Employees May File Claims Against Them
The beginning of a new year can be a great time to review your organization’s risk management and litigation-avoidance strategy. Fortunately, a recent case from Ohio's Eighth District Court of Appeals offers some helpful guidance on how employers can drastically...
As millions of Americans await access to the COVID-19 vaccine, employers face the looming decision of whether to require vaccination for their workforce. But can businesses legally condition employment on receipt of the COVID-19 vaccine? For many employers, the answer...
The following article was authored by our colleagues, Alissa Oduro, Mike Tontillo, and Sean McKinley. Alissa, Mike, and Sean clerked for KWW during the summer of 2020. All three will be joining KWW as attorneys upon completion of law school and passage of the Ohio...
Over the holiday weekend, President Trump narrowly avoided a government shutdown by signing the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. Tucked inside this 5,600-page omnibus spending bill is a $900 billion COVID-19 relief package, making this new Act the most...
Kastner Westman & Wilkins, LLC Shareholders James P. Wilkins and John W. McKenzie were named among the 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers, an attorney rating service designation based on peer recognition and professional achievement, both in the category of Employment...
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Attorney General
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Department of Commerce (wage & hour enforcement)
- Department of Job & Family Services
- Industrial Commission
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Personnel Board of Review
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission
Federal Statutes and Regulations
Ohio Statutes and Regulations
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- All Ohio District Courts of Appeal
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- Lake County Court of Common Pleas
- Lorain County Court of Common Pleas
- Medina County Court of Common Pleas
- Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Summit County Court of Common Pleas
- Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas
- Tuscarawas County Court of Common Pleas