Supreme Court Halts Enforcement of OSHA Vaccine-or-Test Mandate, Upholds Requirements for Healthcare Workers
The Supreme Court of the United States dealt a fatal blow to the federal government’s attempt to require an estimated 84 million employees to get vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. In its ruling, the high court held that the Occupational Safety and Health...
Sixth Circuit Dissolves Stay on OSHA COVID Vaccine-or-Test Rule; New Deadlines for Enforcement Begin January 10, 2022
Late Friday, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals issued a decision to dissolve the stay that the Fifth Circuit had placed on OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) and allow the ETS to take effect. As we’ve previously discussed, the ETS requires, among other things,...
Federal Judge Blocks Enforcement of Biden’s Vaccination Mandate for Federal Contractors in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee
President Biden signed Executive Order 14042 on September 9, 2021, mandating that the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force provide guidance regarding adequate COVID-19 safeguards that apply to all federal government contractors and subcontractors. Under the Executive...
On November 12, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld its decision to impose a nationwide stay of the Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As we previously covered, the ETS requires employers with...
Back in September, President Biden announced the impending arrival of two emergency regulations that would impose new COVID-19 vaccination requirements on more than 100 million private sector workers. Today, the White House announced December 5, 2021 and January 4,...
Earlier this month, President Biden issued a new Executive Order that, among other things, required federal contractors and subcontractors to begin ensuring that their employees are fully vaccinated. Details were initially fuzzy, but the administration’s COVID-19...
On September 10, the Biden administration announced a new six-prong strategy as part of its ongoing effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Headlining this plan is the President’s directive to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) to issue emergency...
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently issued new emergency regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19. The latest updates include a mix of mandatory requirements and other recommended best practices. Here is a brief explanation of the...
On Monday, the Ohio Department of Health issued an amended COVID-19 public health order that lifted the State’s mask and social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated individuals. The amended order was issued on May 17, 2021, but is retroactive to May 14, 2021. ...
After only a few months of reprieve from the last wave of pandemic-related legislation, employers must again adapt to new federal laws affecting their workplace. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – Congress’s latest $1.9 trillion effort to curb the effects of...
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Trade Commission
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Attorney General
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Department of Commerce (wage & hour enforcement)
- Department of Job & Family Services
- Industrial Commission
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Personnel Board of Review
- Unemployment Compensation Review Commission
Federal Statutes and Regulations
Ohio Statutes and Regulations
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- All Ohio District Courts of Appeal
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- Lake County Court of Common Pleas
- Lorain County Court of Common Pleas
- Medina County Court of Common Pleas
- Stark County Court of Common Pleas
- Summit County Court of Common Pleas
- Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas
- Tuscarawas County Court of Common Pleas